Syria Travel Guide

Vacation Holiday Trips offers travel tips and information for top travel places and best destinations. We feature links, resources and large selection of budget airlines, chartered planes, sea cruises, ferries, travel agencies, land transports and attractions including beaches, medical tourism, retirement homes, historical and pilgrimage tours.


Syria Religion

Muslim 87%, while the remaining 13% are Alawite, Twelvers, and Ismailis combined, Druze 3%, Christian 10%.

Christians, a sizable number of which are also found among Syrian Palestinians, are divided into several groups. Chalcedonian Antiochian Orthodox make up 50–55% of the Christian population; the Catholics make up 18%; the Syriac Orthodox Church, the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Nestorian Assyrians and several smaller Christian denominations account for the remainder. Many Christian monasteries also exist. Many Christian Syrians belong to a high socio-economic class.

Syria also has a tiny population of Jews, confined mainly to Damascus, a remnant of a formerly 40,000 strong community. After the 1947 UN Partition plan, pogroms against the Jews erupted in Damascus and Aleppo, and Jewish property was confiscated or burned. When the State of Israel was established in 1948, many Syrian Jews sought refuge there. Of the remaining 5,000 Jews, 4,000 left in the 1990s, in the wake of an agreement with the United States. As of 2007, the Jewish community has dwindled to less than 70 Jews, most of them elderly.


Travel Quotes:

Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. Benjamin Disraeli

I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. Hilaire Belloc


Syria Travel Informations and Jordan Travel Guide
Syria Etymology - Syria Politics: Constitution & Government - Human Rights - Emergency Law - Syria Administrative Divisions
Syria Geography - Syria Economy: Foreign Trade - Transport - Syria Demographics - Syria Ethnic Groups - Syria Religion
Syria Languages - Education in Syria - Syria Military - Syria Culture - Music of Syria - Syrian Literature

Syria History: Eblan civilization - Antiquity and early Christian era - Islamic era - Ottoman Era
French Mandate - Instability and Foreign Relations: Independence to 1967 - Six Day War and Aftermath
Baath Party Rule Under Hafezc Al-Assad, 1970-2000 - 21st Century
Syrian Territorial Problems: Turkish-Syrian Dispute Over Iskandaron Province - Israeli Annexation of the Golan Heights

Syria Tourism
Syria Tourist Attractions: Damascus - Aleppo - Krak des Chevaliers - Palmyra - Bosra
Dead Cities - Hama - Qala'at Samaan


Arab Cuisines, Arabic Names, Baghdad, Bahrain, Camels, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman
Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen

Island Trips Middle East Hotels Travel | About | Advertising | Terms of Use
Powered by: Link Advertising | Search Engine Marketing
2018-08-17T14:43:21-04:00